Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday....Sunday...Sunday.

Today has been a great day. At least in my eyes. Donovan and I were able to go to church today. Great lesson today. Mark talked about getting FITT-Emotionally, Physically, Spiritually. I am so excited about the next 12 weeks, I just don't know what to say. I did sign up for the daily devotionals. I can't wait to get a daily motivation. Get it on.

Donovan had a mental breakdown. We went to Walgreens to get a few of their sales items. Donovan say the toy section. I told him no and we continued around the store. I mean I ignored the toy thing. I told him I would get him some candy. He was ok with that, but as we were getting ready to leave which was past the toy stuff, he wanted the toy. He kept asking and I said no. I told him we got him a toy yesterday. He was not hearing it. He was whining behind me. Then we get to the checkout and he cries for the toy. When I tell him no he just throws himself down. I told him to get up. I did tell him he had 3 seconds to get up or I was going to put the candy up. I guess he didn't believe me. So I counted, and I did it slowly thinking he would stop. Ha....that was not happening. So I popped his butt and put up his candy. Well that just made him mad. I paid for my stuff and went to the car. He cried like I had just killed him. I mean I have seen Donovan cry but not like that. I felt bad, but good grief he can't get things all the time. I know that is my fault. I have given into my children, and I can't help it. I just try to do my best to give them what I can. Sometimes I go overboard. I know I should stop. I will.

Made dinner tonight. It was not the best thing. It was Pork Loin with sweet potatoes and apples. Now the apples were good, but the sweet potatoes and pork loin were ok. I am not sure I would say great, but edible. I did do a great little dessert. I made a box of jello pudding. The flavor was Turtle. It was good. I put them in parfait dishes with lite whipped topping. It was so good.

I have finished about 2/3 of my book The 8th Confession by James Patterson. It is starting to get good. I have missed reading. I hope to make this part of my evening routine. There are so many things I want to do. I just don't know if I have time.

Just a wonderful day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com