Tuesday, January 5, 2010

First day at work

Oh my word. What a boring morning of inservice? I seriously think that the presenter was a consultant for Mac Computers. I mean that is all he talked about when it came to technology. Ok too bad we don't have mac's in the classroom. I think me and a few co workers played "I Spy", counted how many times certain people asked question. We watched another person sleeping. We also texted one of the AP's to see why they were not in the inservice suffering like the rest of us.

Now if the inservice would of showed us the technology and how a classroom incorporated it, I would of been more receiving. I just heard a lot of talk, and not much on what we could do with it. I would of loved examples.

Now the second part of the inservice day was awesome. My ex mentor gave the inservice with one of her ex co workers. It was awesome. I took away a lot of stuff. I hope to incorporate it tomorrow. I can't wait. I really want to try to do more with the kids. Last semester was some what hard, but I plan on making this the best half of the year for them. I want them yearning for reading and dying to come to my class.

Tonight I went my friend Charlotte's grandmother's viewing. Her grandmother passed away. I feel so bad for her. She was her grandmother's caretaker. Charlotte was handling it well. I am sure tomorrow after the funeral it will hit her.

Now on to the little tornado that is running the household. He has a bad habit of throwing these horrible tantrums when he doesn't get what he wants. It is driving me crazy. Scott and I placed him in his room when he had a meltdown. He did stop eventually and ate dinner.

Tomorrow Donovan will be tested for speech. I am not sure how he will do, but hope he follows the directions that he is given. He doesn't interact well with people he doesn't know. Wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com